In the Orchard is an introductory level set of activities that can be a fun and easy way for children to become familiar with basic mathematics, leading to some very complex mathematical concepts in the future. Included in this pack is an introduction to numeracy, as well as many additional skills to encourage overall development.
The numbers covered in this activity are 0 to 9. Children need to understand the value of zero before they can comprehend place value and double-digit numbers. Our aim is to create a strong foundation, by introducing very specific skill sets, that the children will need to build on as they travel through their educational journey.
- 5 Doubled-sided laminated activity cards, introducing 0 to 9
- 20 Pompoms
- 1 Marker pen
- 1 Double-sided graphical instruction card, including ideas on how to extend the activities
- Walk through video link
- 1 Info card
- Zipped bag
Please note: Colours and content may vary
- Number recognition
- Shape recognition
- Pincer grip
- Hand/eye coordination
- Choking Hazard small parts.
- Not suitable for children under 3 years old.
- Adult supervision is required