Ok, little ones… Grab your pens! Yes, you heard right! It’s time to WRITE! No, grown-ups, we haven’t lost it quite yet… We have designed a set of cards to allow your little ones to practice those fundamental patterns that lead to letter formation in the future. They will LOVE drawing lines, spirals and squiggly lines, and you will LOVE that they aren’t doing it on your kitchen walls!
This very colourful pack has been designed to help introduce the prewriting patterns used before the introduction of writing.The patterns included help develop skills that contribute to a child’s ability to hold and use a pencil, that leads to drawing, copying and colouring. These patterns contain the pencil strokes that most letters, numbers and early drawings are comprised of.
Although this pack focuses on the introduction of writing, there are many additional skills that have been included to encourage overall development. Our aim is to create a strong foundation, by introducing very specific skill sets, that the children will need to build on as they travel through their educational journey.
- 1 Double-sided instruction card, as well as instructions and ideas on how to extend the activities
- 1 Info card
- 6 Double-sided laminated activity cards, introducing 12 prewriting patterns
- 1 QR code linked to a walk through video
- 15 Coloured buttons
- 1 Marker pen
- Zipped bag
Please note: Colours and content may vary
- Line tracking
- Hand/eye coordination
- Cognitive ability
- Vocabulary development
- Choking Hazard small parts.
- Not suitable for children under 3 years old.
- Adult supervision is required